BIG CHANGES ARE COMING REGARDING HOW YAHOO, GOOGLE AND MICROSOFT REACT TO SENDERS WITH UNENGAGED LISTS.
Here is some grim (for some), but maybe eventually positive news for anyone using mass email in their business.
Yahoo (who owns AOL) followed soon after by Microsoft and Google is about to become relentless with downgrading the sender reputation of people who send mass emails to unengaged audiences.
We suspect this is happening because the email service providers are preparing for BlackFriday, CyberMonday and other holiday traffic.
Let’s bottom line this:
If you are using:
- Active Campaign,
- Constant Contact
or any other mass mailing software for your business, and you aren’t strategically using tools and automation to:
- Identify spam traps
- Remove known complainers and dead addresses
- Triage and re-engage paying customers and members when they become unengaged
- Tag and remove non-customer subscribers when they haven’t engaged in 60+ days
- Systematize consent and opt-up, opt-down and opt-out preferences, or
- Mail often enough that subscribers have the ability to demonstrate that they are engaged,
then you are at risk of being throttled, blacklisted and maybe even shut down.
Free 20-Minute Email Engagement Rapid Assessments
Venture Launch is offering free 20-minute rapid assessments of your list and strategy until the end of November. During this guided meeting we’ll give a quick snapshot of your list hygiene, re-engagement strategy and message cadence and make recommendations for improvement.
BOOK USING THE APPOINTMENT TOOL BELOW
*While availability permits (~15 sessions)
*For customers not engaged with another Keap Certified Partner